Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: 2 dead bodies found inside Norcross home
- Precautionary boil water advisory lifted in DeKalb County
- Police: Landlord finds 2 dead bodies in Norcross home
- Woman's body found in creek at Ga. campsite
- 'Megaload' to slow traffic along Ga. interstates, highways
- Man arrested in shooting aboard Atlanta commuter train
- Experts: Time is an enemy in solving Bobbi Kristina's death
- Bobby Brown feels 'completely numb' after death of daughter
- Mother and her 2 sons perish in central Georgia house fire
- Sheriff's deputies seize 2 pounds of meth, arrest Georgian
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- 3 men charged with murder of teens in firebombing
- Suspicious packages sent to Oregon government buildings
- Judge: Citizens United must disclose donor information to NY
- Officials: California man suspected of starting wildfire
- Former 41-pound fat cat in Texas slims down to 19 pounds
- House backs bill to help vets who've suffered sexual assault
- Ex-LAPD detective held without bail on bank robbery charges
- The Latest: Friends describe Colorado shooter's character
- Man possibly linked to missing women had contact with police
- Mexico finds cocaine diluted in fruit shipment from Colombia
- Some buses halt runs in El Salvador's capital after killings
- Saudi FM says Iran is still showing 'hostility' in region
- Russia considers ban on import of Dutch flowers
- Amnesty: Mexico bodies report highlights 'shocking' crisis
- Ex-president known as father of Indian missile program dies
- Jackson father said to be doing well after stroke
- British Lord in alleged cocaine video seeks leave of absence
- Prison for fake plastic surgeon who treated over 50 patients
- UN says Burundi election wasn't 'inclusive, free, credible'
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!