Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Authorities say 4 injured after vehicle hits pedestrians
- Body of airman returned to Ga hometown
- Georgia's transportation, overall tax collections climb
- Woman shot by driver in confrontation on Georgia highway
- Columbus police officer dies from mountain climbing accident
- Woman shot by driver in DeKalb County road rage incident
- 4 shot at Decatur apartment complex; baby critically injured
- Delta evacuates plane in Jamaica after faulty report of fire
- Ga man sentenced to 8 years in death of infant son
- Student arrested in alleged shooting threat at Ga college
- Lawsuit: Court illegally jails people who can't pay fines
- Feds: Ex-chief goes to prison for misuse of Tasers in jail
- Parents charged with fatally beating son in New York church
- US says Iraqis now in position to retake Ramadi
- Kansas elections chief files 3 criminal cases under new law
- Names of 18 deceased officers added to NYPD memorial wall
- Sotomayor officiates at same-sex wedding in Washington
- Records: Aide to Michigan congressman arrested in Baltimore
- New Jersey boy, 3, reported missing is found dead near home
- Critic says Planned Parenthood is admitting 'guilt'
- Mexico performs first Mass in indigenous Nahuatl language
- Burkina Faso sets new post-coup election date for Nov. 29
- Panda gives birth to 2 cubs at Toronto Zoo
- The Latest: US condemns Palestinian attacks against Israelis
- The Latest: Czech watchdog condemns asylum conditions
- The Latest: Dutch prosecutors: Tough finding MH-17 witnesses
- Britain scraps $9 million prison deal with Saudi Arabia
- Rescuers find passenger alive after Indonesia chopper crash
- Pakistan executes 9, including 4 brothers
- Taliban withdraw from northern Afghan city
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!