Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia exports total $39.4 billion in 2014
- Newnan City Council votes to equip police with body cameras
- Forecasters warn that melting snow will refreeze on roads
- GA House passes $44.6 billion state budget for Senate review
- Cobb County police probe killing of man
- Colorado sheriff offers safe zones to complete online sales
- Boy, 14, wounded in 1 of 2 shootings into homes in Savannah
- Amtrak cancels trains between DC, Norfolk, Va., due to snow
- More than 6,000 without power in north Georgia
- Atlanta airport returns to normal operations after storm
- 3 deny trying to sell military-grade arms to Colombia rebels
- Woman knocked out in Seattle "drive-by egging"
- Fog machine in art installation prompts false fire alarms
- 4-star general to lead nuclear Air Force for 1st time
- Republicans threaten cuts in DC appropriations after pot is legalized
- 2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near Phoenix
- Obama celebrates Black History Month, ahead of Selma visit
- FBI official: This is what the threat looks like
- Senate votes to award congressional medal to Selma marchers
- Backers of 'net neutrality' hail FCC decision
- Migrants in Puerto Rico illegally can now open bank accounts
- UN envoy heads to Damascus to pursue Aleppo truce plan
- Lawyer for Al-Jazeera journalist blasts Canadian government
- Reports say 'Jihadi John' was raised in UK, studied computers
- Chile government rejects 14 year-old's plea for euthanasia
- Ukraine, rebels start pulling back heavy weapons in East
- Detained Maldives' ex-leader denies ordering judge's arrest
- Mortar shells land by Somalia's presidential palace
- Swedish university refuses Vilks event after Denmark attacks
- Greek hospital patient convicted of racially abusing doctor
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!