Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Dead man found naked in Georgia river identified
- Teenager charged with hitting, killing 2-year-old nephew
- 17-year-old drowns after saving friend in Georgia lake
- 2 injured when Amtrak train hits car in North Carolina
- Ga. hospital agrees to $20 million false billing settlement
- Director of state agency that investigates judges steps down
- Trial begins for woman accused in convenience store slaying
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- About 80,000 people attended the annual Taste of Marietta festival in northern Atlanta.
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Choppers ferry injured to Gorkha
- Drones and dogs deployed in battle to save the guacamole
- Bad weather hampers search for missing boaters in Alabama
- Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police response
- Senate takes up bill on congressional approval of Iran deal
- Supreme Court to hear historic same-sex marriage arguments
- Obama, Abe putting joint face on trade amid opposition in US
- Dispute outside church leaves 2 fatally shot, 4 injured
- Corinthian Colleges students to meet for help after shutdown
- Popular zoo elephants likely to get harder to see in future
- Germany's population seen shrinking by a tenth by 2060
- Saudi Arabia arrests man over suspected IS killing of police
- 1 person killed in train collision in South Africa
- Bosnian Serbs push for more autonomy after attack
- Official says Saudi soldier killed by Yemen rebels on border
- UN says a local staffer has been abducted in eastern Iraq
- Ukraine says rebels using rocket launchers
- Palestinian who clashed with Israeli troops dies of wounds
- Australia can't do more for death row prisoners in Indonesia
- Colombia's health ministry seeks to halt coca spraying
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!