Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Augusta aims to expand its herd of grass-gobbling goats
- Georgians to visit New York as part of crime-fighting plan
- TSU program exposes students to cutting-edge research
- Firefighters rescue puppy from 75-foot well north of Atlanta
- 2 men killed in pair of Fourth of July shootings in Columbus
- Man drowns in Chattahoochee River northwest of Atlanta
- Girl, 16, killed by stray bullet that enters her home
- Police: Vet steals Humvee from Ga. base, runs from SC cops
- Off-duty police officer, infant killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Ex-Illinois US Rep. Reynolds doesn't show for arraignment
- Israeli officer who killed teen was in 'mortal' danger: army
- SC lawmakers begin debate on flag
- Man charged with threatening Obama's life in online post
- Box cutter under bed sent terror defendant back to custody
- Man who accused orphanage founder of abuse targeted by suit
- Flight returns to Denver after problem during takeoff
- Former AG Eric Holder returning to private law practice
- Documents reveal details of Chicago woman's killing in Bali
- 'Stunning' number of extreme drug doses by doc, expert says
- The Latest: Pope arrives at Ecuadorean park for Mass
- Mozambique destroys ivory, rhino horn in anti-poaching move
- The Latest: Pope prays at shrine in Ecuador
- UN chief says questions unanswered about Hammarskjold crash
- The Latest: Pope arrives at Ecuador park to celebrate Mass
- Italian surveillance company appears to get hacked
- Nigerian military frees 180 Boko Haram suspects, some babies
- The Latest: Pope to meet with 'Mr. Nobody' in Ecuador
- The Latest: Ecuadorean boys take selfie photos with pope
- The Latest: Pope lands in Ecuadorean city
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!